Monday, December 10, 2007

Enemy Combatant

This article warmed me to the cockles of my heart (whatever "the cockles of my heart" are. They're warm.) Lucy Nehrenz, on the occasion of her 103rd birthday, says:
The war is "just plain nuts" and a "big waste of money," she says. As for Bush, he is without the question the worst president we've ever had, she says - well, the worst since Herbert Hoover anyway.

Does she fear death?

Not at all, Nehrenz says, because she's convinced the next world will be much more pleasant - and far less violent - than this one.

Actually, she does have a last wish she hopes will be fulfilled: to still be alive on Nov. 4, 2008, when a new president is elected.

"I don't care if it's a man or a woman, just as long as the person's a Democrat and we can get back to normal life again," she says. "But, oh, the country's such a mess I feel sorry for the person, too."


If I live to be 103, I sure hope I'll be as smart and feisty.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That gal is something else!

Suzy said...

Isn't she?

QuakerDave said...

"...just as long as the person's a Democrat and we can get back to normal life again..."

That's more optimism than I can muster at the moment, I fear.