In a WaPo article today, headlined Gun Owners Attack Rush Limbaugh (no comment; I try to walk the path of nonviolence) I read that a number of national sport-hunting organizations are upset with that flaming liberal Mr. Limbaugh for doing public service announcements for the extreme fringe group The Humane Society of the United States, helping them "mainstream their image."The Post reports:
Rush Limbaugh's new pet project -- fighting animal cruelty for the Humane Society of the United States -- is riling sportsmen from coast to coast, prompting fears that the talkster typically supportive of gun rights is aiding a group they say has a secret agenda to end all hunting in America.
Twenty-eight groups representing millions of hunters and sportsmen are demanding that the conservative radio commentator end his collaboration with the HSUS and stop "helping them to mainstream their image in the minds of reasonable people."
I have a few questions here. What the hell is a "talkster", as in "talkster backs animal group"? You mean he's not a mean-spirited, treacherous, oxycontin-using, bigoted, chicken hawk anymore? He's traded all that for the kinder, gentler handle of "talkster" -- one who likes fluffy kitties, no less? Why in the world would the HSUS want Rush to be a spokesperson? Does he even know that he is a spokesperson? The interview with Faux News' Greta Von-whatever her name is would suggest not.
This is just absurd! I didn't think I was going to get to use this tag again, but ... Jesus I'm sick of these people!





2 comments:
Rush Limbaugh, "mainstream" and "reasonable people" aren't phrases that I ever thought I would see used together.
The Humane Society is an enemy of hunter groups... this is insane... they actually try their best to remove ferrall cats and fix them by nuetering... oh I suppose your suppose to shoot them instead...
Ha..
This one I haven't heard, the only time I even ever listened to Greta was when she interviewed Brett Favre, once was enough... didn't like her then, wouldn't go out of my way to hear her again.
Dave
Post a Comment