Friday, December 25, 2009

Now bring in the figgy pudding!

Photo by Ed Feeny

Best wishes to everyone this Christmas morning. The stockings are hung by the chimney (but actually by the windows because we don't have a fireplace) with care, and just waiting for the [not-so-small] humans to wake up. The Hogfather needed hip-waders to get here last night instead of a sleigh. Rain, rain, rain. It looks like sledding is not on the horizon for today. (And my first ever annual Christmas Eve wienie roast in the backyard was rained out too.) The dog has been up, out, fed, and has gone back to bed -- probably curled up in my spot with her head on my pillow. I am making cinnamon rolls for breakfast in a fit of Martha Stewartage, but I fear my yeasty-beasties may be too old as the dough doesn't seem to be rising very fast. Determined to be cheerful today if not happy, come what may.

Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas my friend.

Ed said...

And what do you want for Hogswatch, small human?

Lisa Palmer said...

Merry Christmas Suzy and clan! I love Ed's photo, have you posted it before?

Suzy said...

Same to you, Lisa! I don't think I've posted it before. I love it … and the fact that it was pure coincidence that he got it is pretty cool. It's a yard ornament that the sun hit just right one winter day last year.

lisahgolden said...

I hope you guys had a great Christmas!