Thursday, July 19, 2007
What's the weirdest thing on your kitchen counter?
I'm finally getting around to doing a much-procrastinated chore: oiling our countertops and I'm finding some interesting things (given my habit of creating impromptu museums on every available flat plane.) I have an ostrich egg on my kitchen counter. What's on yours?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
Dozens of bamboo plants, stuff for the recycle can, and.. um.. some ants.
It's an ongoing problem here. :)
Peace,
~chani
Two miniature archers...........
Oh, we have ants too.
And the ultimate weird thing is our cat Feather -- who screams "MEOW" in your face -- but she's only there intermittently.
PoodleDoc: Leonard and Marion?
Several piles of papers, envelopes, with a book or two scattered in. Also, a bunch of bananas.
An ostrich egg is much more interesting. . .
oh, and a sad, clay, Sharpei puppy.....nothing seems to cheer him/her up
PoodleDoc -- A wrinkle pup??? That goes in the same category as paintings of big-eyed children and sad hobo clowns. Maybe the new HP book will cheer him/her up.
Jan, I confess that the ostrich egg has only been there for a few days ... PoodleDoc, Jr. and his mom gave it to me last week to put my Ukrainian egg decorating skills to the test. It's pretty cool.
My FAVORITE thing on my counter is the teapot my daughter made me this spring.
Easter baskets.
Does that make me a procrastinator? No! I am ready for next spring very very early.
Easter baskets? Do you periodically check to see if you might have missed a malted milk egg or jelly bean under the grass?
Oh God, I had Easter baskets on my counter LAST year at this time, and we had made a few Ukrainian eggs which we had neglected to blow out and one of them cracked and was oozing, but it took me a while to track the smell down ...
I think I put my Easter baskets away in May this year.
Post a Comment