Warning: This is a puff piece. I post it in honor of my dear friend Potato Prints, who recently left Long Island for the Land of the Wind Chill Factor.
So, would you pay $3000 a pop to hear the Artist Formerly Known As the Artist Formerly Known As Prince? The Dave Matthews Band? James Taylor? Billy Joel? Me neither, but these people would. Which proves that some people have w-a-y too much money.
I got a kick out of this last part though:
But for Kyle Anderson, no matter where the event is held, only one performance really seems worthy of such a price tag:
"I think it would take the resurrected corpses of the dead Beatles," said Anderson laughing. "You'd probably get people to pay that much to see the zombie John Lennon."
To which my perceptive daughter said, "You can watch the Zombeatles and get that!" So I present to you, hometown sweethearts The Zombeatles in their rock video "Hard Day's Night of the Living Dead."





4 comments:
Hi Luminiferous,
$900 tops, and that's my final offer. I mean, this IS the midwest.
Thanks for evoking my name! I feel like a star.
Thanks for the comment and the bookmark. I have viewed yours a few times since FGC--did we meet there? I thought I got your blog addy from one of my stickynotes from the bloggers meal, but my memory is hazy from that week...(going back into the work world really fuzzed my brain)
We might have met there ... I confess I have not yet looked at my notes from that day!
Now THAT was a change of pace for a Tuesday morn. Thanks for the smile.
Post a Comment