Sunday, December 30, 2007

Another slice of cake, please ...

One year ago I wrote my first blog post. Woo hoo! I tip my hat to the three bloggers who inspired me to start this weird and wonderful habit in the first place: Caroline's Crayons, the Quaker Agitator, and Poodle Doc. To those same three, and so many more of you, who continue to inspire me with your friendship, encouragement, and love. In some ways I feel sheepish, and almost apologetic about this blogging thang, but I love the connections I've made and the almost daily writing practice (and I use the word "practice" in the spiritual, as well as functional sense.) It has truly been a delight, and you, my Blogtopian friends, are so responsive. I know that I don't make the rounds to everyone's blog as often as I would like to, but sometimes I just have to get off the computer! (Ever mindful of blood clots ...) Thanks for joining me on this meandering journey, friends.

8 comments:

Jan said...

Happy anniversary! I echo your sentiments about blogging, which I've only done since May. I am surprised at connections, but also at the jolts of realization that come from reading other posts. Happy New Year, too.

Suzy said...

Thanks, Jan ... I don't often comment, but yours is a blog I turn to for inspiration quite frequently.

QuakerDave said...

Happy blogoversary. And thanks for returning the favors of inspiration and support when I had my own speed bumps along the way.

pygalgia said...

Woo-hoo! 1 year down, and I hope many more to come. Keep up the good blogging.

Suzy said...

Thanks, Pygalgia ... I was just thinking about you, moments ago. Coincidence, or weird stuff in the ether?

Anonymous said...

Happy blogaversary my friend! And happy new year to you and all your great blogging family members! (Those girls need to post more, I'm just saying that's all.)

Anonymous said...

Hey! Bloggy Blogiversary! Has it really been a year?

Your practice has had an effect on your writing. Your blog writing seems to have become more streamlined, in the best sense of the word. It's harder to write a short, concise piece than an expressionist one.

Thanks for the nod. I didn't know that I was one of the bloggy tempters.

Fran said...

Happy Blogversary Suzy! Your place is a real inspiration for me and I thank you.