... My beloved corgi, Georgia, is very sick and may not pull through. She has been a sweet and intrepid companion for 10 years. Please hold her, and us, in the light.
Thank you, all. I saw her tonight, and I don't think she's going to get better... We'll decide tomorrow what to do, but for me, quality of life is the bottom line.
Chuck, I laughed at the memory of Ukrainian Easter eggs! That Georgia. Not only did she eat the ones that I had saved from my childhood, but she also consumed all the ones that I made. Georgia had a thing for eggs. AND potato chips.
You know, I'm just thinking, one of my favorite things about Georgia, besides her eyes like limpid pools and her little legs that look like pork chops ... it's her ears. They're so thick and cozy-looking.
Proud to be a public school teacher for 26 years, I see teaching as a radical act. Practitioner of Neo-schoolmarmism. School Library Media Specialist. I am a convinced Quaker, born again agnostic, mother of 3 daughters, passionate about issues of peace and social justice. My mom was a "red diaper baby", my dad was a conscientious objector during WW2, and I grew up in the thick of anti-war protests in Madison, Wisconsin in the sixties. Not a Republican bone in my body and not many Democratic ones either.
13 comments:
I'm so sorry.
Thank you, Jan. God knows, I've been through this before at so many different degrees of magnitude, but it is never easy.
She is a beautiful being. She's a gentle communicator and a very loving member of your household. I'll hold both of you with me today.
What a beautiful dog, my thoughts are with you.
Holding accordingly.
It always slays me when folks say that these of God's creatures are not members of your family...
They are.
I'll keep Georgia on my mind.
My best wishes and sympathies. Corgi's are usually great dogs, so I hope for a speedy recovery.
Holding you in the Light. Perhaps what she needs is a Ukrainian Easter Egg? Some tortilla chips without the bag?
Prayers.
Thank you, all. I saw her tonight, and I don't think she's going to get better... We'll decide tomorrow what to do, but for me, quality of life is the bottom line.
Chuck, I laughed at the memory of Ukrainian Easter eggs! That Georgia. Not only did she eat the ones that I had saved from my childhood, but she also consumed all the ones that I made. Georgia had a thing for eggs. AND potato chips.
Doctor MVM, ouch. I appreciate the sentiment.
my thoughts are with you
i know how impossibly hard this is
what a sweet dog -- she is so lucky to have a family like yours
Suzy, I'm just reading the post now. I'm thinking of you all this cold, early morning.
t
You know, I'm just thinking, one of my favorite things about Georgia, besides her eyes like limpid pools and her little legs that look like pork chops ... it's her ears. They're so thick and cozy-looking.
Post a Comment