I have been remiss in not mentioning that I am participating in the Winter Reading Challenge. Participating bloggers get to post their reading list for all the world to see, plus write reviews of the books they have read. So far I have not read a single book from my list, which keeps getting longer because I add more books after reading other bloggers' reviews, plus then I have to read library books that I've placed on hold. Those, of course, aren't on my list, because I thought I would be smart and list the books on my shelf that I own and have been meaning to read for a long time ... Damned if I do, damned if I don't.
There's still time to sign up.
Anyway, my most current review is up, Tasting the Sky: A Palestinian Childhood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
I decided to post here because, well, it feels more comfy than the reading list group.
Suzy, you are an excellent writer. I've said it so many times that I'll just write it this way from now on: YAAEW. Alright then.
The young adult bracket makes an ideal vehicle for books on hard-hitting subjects. You can pick up the book without making a huge committment (spelling?).
This book goes on my list, as does the one at the end of your review. I'm reading a young adult book now about the Armenian-Turkish horror in 1920.
My distant second-cousin-once -removed once held Liberace's hand while a doctor removed a splinter from his right index finger.
Wow.
Suzy, thanks for the link. This is exciting! I always like what you write about, so I am also interested in the books you are reading!
I'm with Crayons on this onne. I think I will either write some book ideas here or do my own blog post on it. I have a growing stack of books in my "to read" pile. Just finished "Children of God" by Mary Doria Russell. Found it much more complete than the Sparrow, which should, I guess, be the point of sequels.
Liberace's hand? That is SO wow!
This sounds like fun. But how do we "sign up"? Do we just "announce" that we're doing it?
Never mind: I found the link. Duh.
... and they're not taking any more reviewers now.
-- sigh -- :(
Post a Comment