Monday, February 04, 2008

A Day Late and a Dollar Short (As Usual)

Yesterday was Blogging Amnesty Day, a day to recognize other bloggers and blogs. There was even a nifty graphic to cut and paste, but the motto said "Look Up, Link Down." It's the linking down concept that bothers me a bit. How about linking across?

I have this major inferiority complex, so I always assume that every other blogger has been blogging for eons longer than I have. I also tend to dislike class structuring, eg. "a-list" and "b-list" blogs. (Not to mention c- and d-list!)

When I first started blogging back in the dark ages of 2007, the whole thing left me breathless, it was such a weird and wonderful world. Now, maybe it feels more like a comfortable marriage. I wish I had time to visit all of the blogs that I enjoy every day, leaving meaningful comments each time. The blogging friendships I have made are very sweet. But I don't even update my blogroll all that often!

Anyway, I'll just point you in the direction of a few blogs that you may not have seen before. The bloggers that inspired me to start my own were Poodle Doc, the Quaker Agitator, and Caroline's Crayons. Once I got started, I quickly connected with Sacred Suzie, GoldenDaze Ginnie, Suzie-K and Pam at Cape and Tights, who are all part of a network of creative bloggers. Then my family got in on the act, so you can check out Enriched Geranium, Cinderbelle and Sparkly Sea Cow (who doesn't post nearly often enough.) Then there's Fran, Jan, and Diane (doesn't that have a nice musical sound?)

I love my blogging connections, so I hope you don't feel slighted if I didn't link to you here ...

6 comments:

pygalgia said...

Keep up doing what you do, and it will all fit in. That's my rule anyway.

Pam said...

I find myself falling behind, from time to time, too. My blogging friends have become such a big part of my life that when it happens, I feel like I'm missing something important. And of course, I am. Thank you for putting me on your list!

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzy
Wow, I love seeing my blogname in lights. Thank you for that.

You have created such an endearingly wonderful spot here. I am amazed at the diversity of content that you publish. It's my day to celebrate Luminiferous Ether.

Jan said...

Suzy, thanks for including me with the rhyming names! I love coming to see what you're doing. Like you, I only started blogging in 2007 and am continually amazed at the inspiration, info, outrage, and connections I find here. With my little time this afternoon, I'm glad I stopped by here.

QuakerDave said...

Awww, shucks, ma'am.

{{{blushing here}}}

Fran said...

Thanks for your note earlier, it made my heart smile Suzy.

And thanks for the lovely linkage. I have been posting but not really visiting, catching up tonight.

Peace my blogsister!