Wednesday, February 06, 2008

December Pictures


I did a little photo organizing today, and thought I'd post some pix I took a while back. Here are photos of a couple of my December projects (finally.) The finger[tip]less gloves were made for Mr. E. and the mitts for Sparkly Sea Cow. I made another pair of the squirrel mitts in pink for Cinderbelle, but I didn't get a photo of them before she went back to college.


All of our ornaments have some kind of sentimental value. This one was made by Cinderbelle when she was 3, and I think she called it "Sinterklaas."


For some reason, these are oriented wrong and I'm too lazy to mess with them any more. But I'll just give a quick tour: the little plaid bear-thing on top was the very first ornament Mr. Ether and I bought together. (Awwwwww.) We found it at Pier One Imports and called it "the hapless child" after an Edward Gorey character. We call the Santa ornament "the proctologist Santa" because he looks like he is pulling on latex gloves.

Have I mentioned that Mr. Ether and I met in high school, and bonded over the fact that we had a similar warped sense of humor?

5 comments:

Ed said...

Wonderful fingertipless gloves they are, too!

You forgot the skateboarding unicorn.

Anonymous said...

You kids are too cute.

Sorghum Crow said...

Being a man of a certain age, I will probably have Dr. Santa nightmares now.

Jan said...

Cute. You are talented--the patterns on the fingerless gloves are great.

Suzy said...

Jan, the gloves were done with the miracle of self-striping yarn!