


These fellows were in our backyard this week. I suppose that technically, they're not really a sign of spring because they don't migrate, but this is the time of year when I start listening for their calls. We have a pair of cardinals that nests nearby in the summer; no females were about the day I snapped these pictures.
9 comments:
http://www.madison.com/tct/news/274017
Anyone we know there?
I never saw a real cardinal until I moved south. They are everywhere here, robins too.
I actually heard some birds singing this morning despite the snow that fell a couple of days ago. The weather is springlike today and everything is dripping.
Came here through FranIAm - enjoying your blog!
Such pretty pictures. I love cardinals, and they are so seldom this far south, in TX.
Mauigirl, welcome. You must not be in Maui, if you have snow!
QD, I confess I was not able to be there. I had to meet with some graduate class-mates about a group project we have to do. Library school is really big on these group projects.
Lordy, how I hated group work in grad school and in my recent work for my social studies certificate. I like depending on MYSELF for my grades. And I hated the idea that full professors were basically turning over the teaching of the class to students for their "presentations."
Yuck.
Glad that's over with.
Our Cardinals have shown their bright color and begun their song. Hopefully, soon, the weather will follow.
The difference in birdsong is one of the first things I notice about seasonal change.
Their presence may not be a sign, but their gleeful singing is!
Beautiful. When we were there this weekend I forgot my camera to take a photo of the state building. But sorry we missed eachother. Maybe next time.
Post a Comment