Rules:
- The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
- Each player answers the questions about himself or herself.
- At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
- Yadayadayada
I was teaching first grade at Hawthorne Elementary School, struggling through the fog of both grieving my daughter's death and taking care of my other two young daughters. Motherhood is not for the fainthearted!
Five things on today's "to do" list:
- Prune the dead branches from the cherry and redbud trees
- Weed the flower garden around the redbud tree
- Go to Meeting
- Walk in the arboretum for mothers' day, remember to take the binoculars!
- Dinner at Atlantis Taverna with my mother-in-law
- Get out of debt
- Pay for my kids' college
- Buy myself a new guitar (I'm fixated on the Gibson CJ-165, because it is an overall smaller-bodied acoustic guitar that supposedly has a big guitar sound; I have very small hands and sometimes the stretch is a struggle.)
- Send a great big donation, TOMORROW, to Shirley Golub in her bid to replace Nancy "I'm rich and impeachment is off the table" Pelosi
- Donate the several millions of dollars needed to restore the theater at Madison East High School (and I'd be in good company because actor Bradley Whitford has donated money to the same cause. It's his alma mater.)
- Remodel the library at my school, and while I'm at it replace all of the toilets. Really. They are ridiculous.
- Set up an endowment for the American Friends Service Committee
- Buy the Camp Woodbrooke land outright (that's the Quaker summer camp on whose board of directors I sit)
- Buy my husband an upright acoustic bass
- Procrastination
- Being something of a loose cannon
- Spending too much time on the computer
- Terre Haute, Indiana (birthplace of me and Eugene Debs) -- 3 years
- westside of Madison, Wisconsin -- 16+ years
- Fannrem, Sør Trøndelag and Rauland, Telemark, Norway -- 1 year
- Spofford, New Hampshire -- 1 year, when I went to Keene State College. Why? I don't know!
- eastside of Madison, Wisconsin -- 25+ years
Five (or so) Jobs I've Had:
- Detassling corn
- A&W counter-help
- Laborer in a nursery (plants, not kids) in Norway
- Teaching in many child care centers
- Assistant/docent in fledgling Madison Children's Museum
- not to mention being a nursing assistant at a nursing home and at a "Happy Home for Handicapped Children"
Five People I'm Tagging (Please don't hold it against me and feel free to decline ...)





9 comments:
Happy Mother's Day, toots.
I almost said, "Same to you." It's so ingrained. Instead I'll say, "Thanks." I hope Dear Wife had a nice one.
As I did the Mr. Mom thing for ten years, it might actually work.
And yeah, she had a good one, too.
Oh that is great - I love learning about you.
And those are my three bad habits. Of course, I have said that at about 5 blogs, so I guess I have too many bad habits.
Sorry I have not been here for awhile. I am blog-drowning!
Oh, Fran -- no worries. Really. <3
you are very interesting. wish we could have met up in Feb when i was in Madison..
I'll get around to this in a while. I'm glad I'm not a procrastinator like you and FranIam....
ok, I'll work on it tonight. Really. I'm not a procrastinator. Not sure I can even spell it. Well...maybe tomorrow night. Or the next night. But I promise you Mrs Ether, I will get it done......should be fun
I just remembered that you tagged me, so I'll go do it tonight.
Post a Comment