I would have liked to have seen Philippe Petit balance the statue on his chin when Man On Wire won "best documentary." Cool film; highly recommended.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I would have liked to have seen Philippe Petit balance the statue on his chin when Man On Wire won "best documentary." Cool film; highly recommended.
6 comments:
I second that recommendation.
I saw him balance the Oscar, I have not however seen the film yet.
You also missed Kate Winslet shouting and waving at her dad (so cute!) and Danny Boyle fulfilling a promise to his children by hopping across the stage and accepting the Oscar in the spirit of Tigger (ditto!). And Hugh Jackman's hilarious musical numbers. And Ben Stiller's amazing Joaquin Phoenix impersonation. And the looks on the faces of the little child actors from the slums of Mumbai as they stood on the stage at the Oscars.
The movie was excellent, yes.
I passed on the ceremony, entirely. Awards shows put me to sleep.
Cinderbelle, dearest ... you and I will just have to agree to disagree on that. Mostly, the memorable moments of those ceremonies are so few and far between all the other stuff, that I find them very unsatisfying. I actually watched Hugh Jackman's schtick because Grace wanted me to; I must be getting old because it didn't seem that special or fresh.
Oh, it's definitely been done before, but that doesn't make it any less funny, in my opinion. Then again, I love musicals, so...
Post a Comment