Saturday, March 21, 2009

Another Birthday



Sophie Olivia Grindrod-Feeny, March 21-31, 1994

All of these photos were taken within the first hour after her birth. We had no idea that she had a heart problem until she was one week old. It was a blessed week, just enjoying our beautiful new daughter/sister. It's very hard to believe that she would be 15 today. I miss her.

11 comments:

Fran said...

I remember reading about Sophie last year and crying and once more my tears flow for a life cut very short.

I can't even imagine. I send you all light and peace.

Suzy said...

Thank you, Fran. Your thoughts mean a lot to me. I love that I get a chance to share her with the world every now and then.

Lisa Palmer said...

Dear Suzy,
I'm so glad you had that week, but so sad for you that she was gone so soon. Thank you for sharing Sophie with me and letting me know I'm not alone.
Love and Peace to you Suzy,
Lisa

QuakerDave said...

Holding you in the Light today.

As usual.

But today a bit moreso.

lisahgolden said...

I'm so glad you celebrate Sophie's birthday. She is beautiful.

Unknown said...

It is never easy losing a loved one. Time is always too short but the memories are forever.

Mathman

emmapeelDallas said...

I can't imagine either, but it brought tears to my eyes, reading this. She was beautiful.

tweetey30 said...

Wow Suzy you have had it hard havent you. Thanks for sharing your beautiful daughter with us. It suprises us all when we think of where we were 15 years ago already. Just remember that she is safe and you had those precious days with her. Keep the memories there and working. Hope all is well.

Jan said...

(((Suzy))) Such beautiful pictures. She is in your heart. Thank you for sharing.

Ed said...

Today is the first opportunity I've had to see your blog since you posted this. Thanks for sharing the pictures. It's nice to see them again.

Coaster Punchman said...

After you mentioned Sophie today I wanted to see what else you had written about her. Again, I'm so sorry.