Saturday, May 16, 2009

Woo Hoo!

A statewide smoking ban (in all workplaces including restaurants and bars, but not cigar bars, obviously) will be signed into law on Monday! Madison has had one for the last several years, and as the spouse of a working musician I can't tell you what a difference it has made. I am happy to see this go through.

5 comments:

Lisa Palmer said...

That's great news for all the servers and musicians. Also good news for those of us that like to listen to live music. Oh yeah, and eat out!

Suzy said...

California already has it, doesn't it?

Jan said...

What good news.

lisahgolden said...

As a former smoker may I just say Yes!!!!!!!

Suzy said...

I know current smokers who think this is a good idea. It's mostly the bar owners who put up a fuss in Madison. Having it statewide will eliminate that, to a certain extent.