I'm so sick of the coverage Michael Jackson is getting! King of Pop? Warren Zevon was the uncrowned King of Cool. He had incredible talent and wit ... and yeah, he screwed up his life too. But he did it all by himself ... he didn't need a weird entourage that included chimpanzees, somebody else's children, and charlatan medical personnel ... and he straightened himself out at the end.
Here is Mohammed's Radio -- a timeless classic that proves the old saying: the more things change the more they stay the same. Or maybe that we never stopped mucking about in the Middle East.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
As I said on FB, I love Warren Zevon. Oh this is so great.
I just remembered that WZ did a song that featured Michael Jackson, called Splendid Isolation. "C'mon Goofy, take me by the hand ..."
I've always loved his frank and ironic songs, as well as his sweet ones--like "Tenderness on the Block...."
M
One of my favorites is Nobody's In Love This Year.
I have to admit I liked some of Jackson's songs but you are right they are doing way to much coverage of the man. Let him rest in peace now he's gone. Hope all is well with you guys. Was going to ask you a question. We are looking at getting a dog and when you were here you said you were going to take Molly to a dog park where is that if you remember??
As usual, the "mainstream" made some of Zevon's songs into "hits". Defined by "Werewolves of London", etc, he came off as the odd younger brother. Like so many musicians, the rest of their creations are hidden away unless you really have the energy to look closely. I watched a couple videos of Michael Jackson the other night (I confess) and he was an amazing performer. But the amount of attention around his death is wearisome. But hey, he's a "cash cow" so the profiteers want to make as much money off him before he disappears from the public "consciousness". Maybe that's part of Jackson's problems, he became a commodity. I do miss Warren Zevon.
Post a Comment