The bastards! They're targeting an elementary school population … does that qualify as a hate crime?
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Makin' a List and Checkin' It Twice.
Out at recess this morning with all of the Kinders and First Graders. My colleague came over to inform me that she had just called the office to report some inappropriate graffiti on the climbing structure. "Guess what it says," she said. "Um, f*ck something?" was my guess. (We are right down the street from the high school, after all, and often find interesting, um er, artifacts on our playground.) "No, worse!" she said. "It says Santa doesn't exist."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





10 comments:
Dang them! Dang them to heck!
LOLOLOLOLOL. Evil lurks.
I think it does qualify as a hate crime! That's like a thousand times worse than "f*ck something", IMO!
Thank God the kinders and firsters can't read 'exist' yet. Y'all can play it off as "It says, 'Santa doesn't explain'. It means Santa never explains what it is that got you on the nice or naughty list. You just gotta watch yourself."
Yes, a smart perpetrator would have written "There is no Santa Claus."
That is horrible for the little kids. My girls arent into Santa but those that are yikes.. That is just horrible. I hope the kids didnt pay any attention to it...
Any chance they misspelled "Satan?"
Mark, come to think of it -- right next to it, it DID say "Dog doesn't exist." Aren't they teaching these kids how to spell anymore?? Why, I think this calls for … MERIT PAY!
As a colleague of Suzy's, I also witnessed this deplorable graffitti. I couldn't even figure out what it said because the writing was so weird (and I was looking at it the wrong way). If a kindergarten teacher like myself, with THREE COLLEGE DEGREES, couln't decipher it, what are the chances that the average kindergarten/first grader could? (Don't answer that, Grindrod). The way I see it, only the gifted students would have been able to figure it out, and we all know that group of smartypants has already rejected the existence of Santa. Incidentally, not a single child seemed to be paying attention to the graffitti. Now what do you make of THAT?!
No comment, Cavicchio.
Gosh, it's too bad since "Santa" drives a large chunk of seasonal consumerism in this country. This kind of action is damaging our economy. I'm sure Obama will be giving a "good speech" to the Nation about the importance of Santa to our economy........but the damage has been done....
Post a Comment