Monday, December 21, 2009

Life …

When you are a new parent and holding that sweet, beautiful child for the first time, that's all there is … and that's a good thing, a wonderful thing. But you are not prepared for the many small heartbreaks that come later: the hurt feelings, the pulling away, the arguments, the first time leaving home, and now, witnessing my beautiful daughter's heartbreak. I want to protect her from everything, just like I did when she was a baby, and I know that I can't, and furthermore, that I shouldn't. All I can do is all we really have the power to do ever, which is to love her.

4 comments:

lisahgolden said...

Oh, crapola. Yeah, I think that has got to be one of the hardest things to watch. I wish her swift healing of the heart.

Ed said...

You said it. It's one of those situations where you have no control, but you wish you did.

livingmydream said...

Oh Suzy. I know just how you feel - we are ALWAYS parents, aren't we. I'm sending healing thoughts your way and hers.

tweetey30 said...

Its hard to watch that first heartbreak. I remember mine.. It was so hard.. Love her till here is nothing left.. Happy Holidays...