Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sweet Sixteen

It is hard to believe that my daughter Sophie would be 16 today. I know it's a fruitless exercise, but I spend a lot of time wondering what she would look like and who she would be. I wholeheartedly embrace her life and death as one of my life's enormous mysteries, but there are times when I just feel bereft, and I know I will feel that way until the end of my days. I often feel as if I am holding my breath for these ten days that she was alive. Mostly it is okay; the sad moments remind me that she is very much present in my life and nothing can change that.


Sophie Olivia Grindrod-Feeny, ¡Presenté!

3 comments:

David Rice said...

Suzi, I am terribly sorrowed to read of Olivia and wish I could say or do something. Love, David.

Fran said...

Si - ¡Presenté! I always feel privileged to have this glimpse into your soul when you write on this day.

Peace to you and great love.

Lisa Palmer said...

Dear Suzy,
Thank you for sharing Sophie with us. If you hadn't, I would have been so much more alone on this journey. Sophie's presence in your life is a gift to me as well, a loving and healing gift.
Love you Suzy,
Lisa