Friday, January 05, 2007

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel 2

How despicable can BushCo get? The thing I would dispute is whether they really think they've screwed it up. I believe their intent from the start was to slash, burn, and make out like bandits in the process. That is certainly what they've done and will continue to do as long as they can prolong this war.

Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr. (D-Del.), chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said yesterday that he believes top officials in the Bush administration have privately concluded they have lost Iraq and are simply trying to postpone disaster so the next president will "be the guy landing helicopters inside the Green Zone, taking people off the roof," in a chaotic withdrawal reminiscent of Vietnam.

"I have reached the tentative conclusion that a significant portion of this administration, maybe even including the vice president, believes Iraq is lost," Biden said. "They have no answer to deal with how badly they have screwed it up. I am not being facetious now. Therefore, the best thing to do is keep it from totally collapsing on your watch and hand it off to the next guy -- literally, not figuratively."

read the article ...

NOW can we impeach him?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is your President. I am sure you were supportive of Clinton when received fellatio in the Oval Office?! Why not give the President the respect he deserves.

poodledoc said...

I don't think he deserves respect........as they say, When Clinton Lied, No One died......what he deserves is impeachement.

Ed said...

Give him the respect he deserves? I think that would be called "doing time in an Iraqi prison."

Suzy said...

Clinton's sexual proclavities were
nobody's business, certainly not mine, certainly not what the framers of the Constitution had when they built in the impeachment process.

Respect is something one earns.
George W. Bush did nothing to earn my respect, and has done much to lose it. Saying that he should have my respect simply because he holds the office of President of the United States is an empty argument in my mind.

George Bush has -- in the eyes of many people -- committed crimes far worse than simply lying under oath. (He refuses to speak under oath, by the way.) Calling for impeachment is calling for the use of the legal process to possibly remove him from office.

Thanks for visiting my site, anonymous.

QuakerDave said...

George W. Bush should be tried, impeached, and removed from office. He and the rest of the junta should go to jail.

But none of this will happen.

Because the Democratic majority in both houses of Congress would all have to unite behind the move to do so, probably with a few Repos thrown in for good measure. And no matter the weight of the evidence, no matter how many illegal signing statements of other subversions of the Constitution this crew carries out, the support won't be there.

Because? Because for all their posing and tough talk, the Democratic Party has no heart, no soul, and no guts.

Suzy said...

And the majority of people who reach the upper echelons of holding public office have a lot of money, and when it comes down to it, monied people look out for other monied people.

Sort of like the Bush and Bin Laden families being friends.

I would love to see justice served, but I don't pin hopes on it because that will be an exercise in frustration. But I'll still make my share of noise.

Ed said...

It occurs to me that it takes great courage to make anonymous comments on someone's blog. Almost as much courage as is required to send military people to their deaths despite the fact one was AWOL oneself...