Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A Life Writ Large



Molly Ivins died today. Another icon gone.
Go here to read her obituary, and then dedicate your life to raising hell (or, in the words of Bayard Rustin, being an "angelic troublemaker.") Not sure how to begin your hellraising career? Molly has some suggestions in her last column.

3 comments:

Ginnie said...

You're right...another Icon gone. Thanks for your tribute and for your blog before this one.

Janet said...

So sad. When I read about her death I immediately thought of you and the piece you had on your blog.

poodledoc said...

Well,it moved my roommateto go out and buy a couple of her books. I heard him later, in his room, laughing. Occasionally, he'd come out and read a passage he particularly enjoyed..........so in a way, she lives on. I'm definitely needing to raise some more hell. I have some ideas......in her last column, she said something about "making the ridiculous look ridiculous". She used her smarts and sharp wit to do that in her life. I hope I can take something fromher example.