The more I think about it, the more I think this is a brilliant concept. The customer has to submit to the contractor in return for a promise that the contractor will take care of the customer. And, of course, the contractor, while only human, makes all the decisions, yet always acts in the best interests of the customer, who no longer has any say. Then, when the project is completed, everyone confesses their trangressions and has a good cry together while thanking god for showing them the way and begging forgiveness of each other and god. Of course it would be necessary to do this on some nationaly televised talk show. Awesome! How could that possibly be a bad idea?
Ed, what do you think about plural wives? I'm a little frightened.
Jess, you know, I'm suspicious of anyone who trumpets too loudly about their religion. Like Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "The louder he spoke of his honor, the faster we counted the spoons."
Proud to be a public school teacher for 26 years, I see teaching as a radical act. Practitioner of Neo-schoolmarmism. School Library Media Specialist. I am a convinced Quaker, born again agnostic, mother of 3 daughters, passionate about issues of peace and social justice. My mom was a "red diaper baby", my dad was a conscientious objector during WW2, and I grew up in the thick of anti-war protests in Madison, Wisconsin in the sixties. Not a Republican bone in my body and not many Democratic ones either.
3 comments:
The last people I trust in business are the ones who tell you their company is 'christ-centered'.
It's not working so good for the government either.
The more I think about it, the more I think this is a brilliant concept. The customer has to submit to the contractor in return for a promise that the contractor will take care of the customer. And, of course, the contractor, while only human, makes all the decisions, yet always acts in the best interests of the customer, who no longer has any say. Then, when the project is completed, everyone confesses their trangressions and has a good cry together while thanking god for showing them the way and begging forgiveness of each other and god. Of course it would be necessary to do this on some nationaly televised talk show. Awesome! How could that possibly be a bad idea?
Ed, what do you think about plural wives? I'm a little frightened.
Jess, you know, I'm suspicious of anyone who trumpets too loudly about their religion. Like Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "The louder he spoke of his honor, the faster we counted the spoons."
Post a Comment