Today I received an email from a long-time, dear friend telling me that his father had died a week ago. Art Rybeck was not famous. He was not a celebrity ... or was he? If you have some time, watch the videos here -- an award winning documentary made by his daughter-in-law, to find out the measure of this man.
Martin Luther King Day often leads me (and other like-minded people) to wonder, "Where are today's leaders?" The lives of people like Art Rybeck, people whose moral compasses point true North, are one answer to that question. The role models are right here, among us. You don't have to be an orator or command an army. A significant difference is made every day at the grass roots level.
(I am also grateful to Art for his role in producing the incredible Rybeck clan, whom I have loved for so many years!)
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Thank you, Suzy.
Another thought-provoking post Suzy. Thank you.
Post a Comment