
Common Dreams today has a headline story reprinted from The Salem-News in Oregon, Move to Impeach Cheney Gains Support in Congress. "Oh, goody," I think. "It's about time." But on reading it, I find it is about Wexler, Baldwin, and Gutierrez who signed onto Kucinich's H.R. 799 what, at least a month ago? So why, oh why is it headline news in Salem, OR and on Common Dreams today?
If my blood wasn't boiling enough, I read down to the following statement:
The White House, in a statement, said Democrats were shirking responsibilities on issues such as childrens’ [sic] health insurance “and yet they find time to waste an afternoon on an impeachment vote against the vice president. … This is why Americans shake their head in wonder about the priorities of this Congress.”
Oh my sweet Lord, CAN'T WE GET RID OF THESE PEOPLE? This is like when they blamed Saddam Hussein for kicking out the U.N. weapons inspectors or when they blamed news reporters for bringing about the invasion of Iraq with their relentless "March to war, march to war." Those were the very words of Preznit Jo-ji!
I'M shaking my head in wonder at the priorities of this Congress, because THEY HAVEN'T FOLLOWED THE RULE OF LAW as set out in the U.S. Constitution and IMPEACHED THESE LYING, THIEVING DESPOTS! (Whew, my keyboard is smoking!)





4 comments:
Remember, our "president" said the Constitution was just a piece of paper.
A "goddamned piece of paper." Sigh.
It is unreal. You should check out my friend Paul's blog. He does "Thursday Constitution Blogging" every week.
Ugh. It is so sad and pathetic. And to pick up on another theme I just read about on Paul's blog... where is the outrage???
It is pathetic.
Suzy, I have used the Jesus, I'm sick of these people tag for so long now, it is my number one label.
That is kind of sad.
No words--DISGUST.
Post a Comment