Well, I was tagged and I am supposed to identify 5 favorite websites, so here goes.
1. Etsy; this is an online marketplace for artists and crafters. I'm sure it is run by Republican shills, but I love it anyway. I just like to browse and see what people are making and selling. I've bought a couple of things. The prices run from dirt cheap to what you should expect to pay to purchase an original piece of artwork.
2. Knit Picks; this is an online store for knitters. They sell luxury yarns at affordable prices. How do they manage that? At first I thought that they might be the WalMart of the knitting world. Now I think that they keep prices low by putting their own label on the yarns, which are all imported from Peru. Which might, in fact, make them the WalMart of the knitting world, but it's the best I can do right now.
3. Common Dreams; it is my favorite online news magazine, although sometimes I have to take an extended break because it is so damned disheartening.
4. Folk Alley; an online radio station that plays only folk music, none of that Devil's rock 'n' roll.
5. The Cooperative Children's Book Center; a.k.a. the CCBC, it is a non-circulating research library of children's books, located right here in my home town. The website is an extraordinary resource for educators, librarians, and people who simply like children's literature. They review as many new books as they can each year, and publish an annual guide called CCBC Choices. They also act as a clearinghouse of information for schools and libraries that are facing a challenge to a book.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Interesting. Thanks.
Post a Comment