Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25* people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
1. I prefer black tea, English style with milk and sugar, to coffee in the morning.
2. I love to get places under my own propulsion -- walking, biking ...
3. I love to play guitar and sing; I think I sing well and I'd be a better guitar player had I started at 16.
4. I have been folk dancing for 34 years, off and on
5. I also play recorder; I have since I was 8 and got my first instrument for my birthday while traveling in Germany.
6. Marzipan is my favorite confection.
7. My 3 kids were all delivered by a midwife, 2 of them at home.
8. I met my husband when I was 15, he was 14.
9. I hitch-hiked through Europe alone when I was 17. My parents didn't know. (In other words, I was stupid.)
10. My favorite literary genres are: memoir, coming-of-age stories, and historical fiction.
11. When all else fails me, I read Terry Pratchett.
12. I wish I knew how to write songs.
13. I love Corgis (the stocky, foxy-looking little dogs favored by Queen Elizabeth) and have had 2 of them, although right now we have a Dalmation mix whom I adore.
14. I knit like crazy and have no idea how to crochet.
15. When I go outside at night I always look for the moon, the Big Dipper, Cassiopia, the Pleiades, and Orion (in season.)
16. I've only seen Aurora Borealis a couple of times, and I wish to see it again. Soon.
17. I want to try snow shoeing.
18. I loved changing diapers when my kids were small. We used cloth diapers and washed them ourselves, and I liked that too. And no, I don't have some sort of fetish.
19. I would choose a good grapefruit over any other kind of fruit. Especially now, in January.
20. One of the best vacations we ever took was to the Bay of Fundy National Park in New Brunswick, Canada. (I imagine that my children would beg to differ, but tough. I'll tag them and they can put in their own 2¢ worth.)
21. On our honeymoon in Paris, we went to see Jim Morrison's grave. Why? We were staying right down the street from the cemetery, it was there ...
22. I hiked up Mt. Washington in New Hampshire. It was fun, and I'd do it again.
23. My car is a 1990 Volvo station wagon. (Anyone surprised?)
24. I used to have my fingers sing operas while I washed dishes -- but you'll just have to take my word for it. No repeat performances ever again. (Not even my husband has seen it.)
25. I'm scared of earthworms.
*Consider yourself tagged, if you want to be.





7 comments:
Black tea.. Never had that. I know a lady I was going to babysit for a long time ago made this tea. she boiled the bags right in the water instead of making regular tea and pulling the tea bag out when you are ready. It was really strong.
This was fun to read, I love learning about you Suzy!
I went to Jim Morrison's grave too and one day I will have a scanner and will publish the photo essay to go with that journey.
As for your being stupid about the hitch-hiking, you are alive and with us, so not so stupid. Perhaps I would go with "that was a bit unwise but it all worked out."
I bet you have some stories too!
Suzy, those were really fun to read. Like you, I love marzipan. My daughters like it, too, but the males (two sons and husband) detest it.
I totally agree with you about cloth diapers. I used them for all four kids. Living in TX, I loved hanging them out on the clothesline to dry.
These are fun and very interesting things to know about you. I planned two home births. Only the second was actually born at home.
Oh, and I love those Mozart balls - they're hard to find around here. I did find some wonderful hand made truffles that I treated myself to at Yule, from the organic store: marzipan with small pieces of pistachio sprinkled on top and a whole pistachio in the center.
BTW, you have a reading award over at my blog.
I want to move back to the midwest so I can hang out with you. If we ever do, will you show me those finger operas? How much black tea will it take?
Lisa, no can do. I am embarrassed just at the mention of it. I NEVER should have told Ed about them: he's bugged me for 20+ years to see them.
And don't even think about getting me drunk.
Post a Comment