Friday, January 16, 2009

Blasphemy!

Photo by Joseph Blough from the Mercury Players Theater website
The musical, that is. If you read this and live in the Madison area (Jess? Poodle Doc? Sminthia? Anonymous Beth? All and sundry lurkers -- you know and I know who you are ...) you absolutely must hie yourselves to the Bartell Theater and see Blasphemy, playing Thursday-Sunday, now through the end of January. Catherine Capellaro and Andrew Rohn, the creative geniuses behind Temp Slave and Walmartopia, bring you "an unholy trinity of musical comedies." We begin with The Rapture, move on to Purgatory, and then, finally, Paradise. In between each of the main acts we get two Intermezzos that explore Creationism and Scientific Theory, and feature the most creative use of an overhead projector that I've ever seen. I laughed and I laughed some more. This is a must-see.

4 comments:

Ed said...

Yep, great show. Loads of fun. A must see.

Suzy said...

Community theater is so much more enjoyable than the big traveling Broadway shoes that come to Overture and cost an arm and a leg. Why, tonight's admission was a suggested donation, so if we were heels we could have gone in for free.

poodledoc said...

Sounds fun! If I don't take a position as First Veterinarian, I'll go see it. Sounds like something Poodledoc, Jr might like? Yes? No?

Suzy said...

Definitely take PD Jr.