Saturday, March 07, 2009

Welcome To Our Home ...

... in the Great Bayou of the North.

Here is the pass-through between our house and garage. Don't forget your hip waders!


Some of the resident water fowl. It's the spring migration (from the bathtub to the backyard.)


But in all seriousness, yesterday I had my first sighting of red-winged blackbirds at the bark park. Today I saw a whole passel (gaggle?) of robins in our backyard, also a first for the year. I know that spring is on its way.

4 comments:

tweetey30 said...

What about the snow we are suppose to be getting later tonight into tomorrow. Yikes and Yuckie.. More snow but more than likely our last little bit hopefully..

Suzy said...

I think our snow is coming in the form of rain. Wet basement, wet dog, wet yuck.

poodledoc said...

I noted a toy pirate ship floating in my neighbors drive way last night as I was walking the dog. I heard someone say "prepare to be boarded, you scurvy dog!". Duke barked at it and we walk along. A chorus of "arrrr" filled the night sky. It was only later that we learned that the ship had a full crew of pirate fleas, lying in wait for hapless dogs to come along...

Suzy said...

Lucky you avoided being trapped by the scurvy knaves.