but I do not wish to spend upwards of $75.00 on it. If you should ever run across it at a thrift store or yard sale, would you be so kind as to purchase it for me? Or if you happen to have it sitting in your book case ... (hint, hint. I'm not naming names, but you know who you are. I'll give you a small amount of cash and a signed note that I will never again dis' J.K.Rowling in public. I promise!)
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Maybe You Can Help Me
I would like very much to acquire a copy of this book
but I do not wish to spend upwards of $75.00 on it. If you should ever run across it at a thrift store or yard sale, would you be so kind as to purchase it for me? Or if you happen to have it sitting in your book case ... (hint, hint. I'm not naming names, but you know who you are. I'll give you a small amount of cash and a signed note that I will never again dis' J.K.Rowling in public. I promise!)
but I do not wish to spend upwards of $75.00 on it. If you should ever run across it at a thrift store or yard sale, would you be so kind as to purchase it for me? Or if you happen to have it sitting in your book case ... (hint, hint. I'm not naming names, but you know who you are. I'll give you a small amount of cash and a signed note that I will never again dis' J.K.Rowling in public. I promise!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
What about Rupert the Rhinoceros?
I'm sorry ... doesn't hold a candle to the good Dr.
This looks vaguely familiar...maybe I saw it as a kid?
Now I'm thinking the fun thing to know is why you want it? Is there a good story or memory there?
I don't have it. If I did it would be yours for free.
Dr. Monkey -- I was thinking of you and all your thrift store shopping.
Lisa -- It is one that I had as a child. My brother and I memorized it, and still quote it to one another. Dr. Goat looks a little like my dad, who was a physician, had a bag like that (and actually, I still have the bag,) and rode his bike to work every day.
It's a great book, and really deserves to be reissued.
Actually, I know a person who has a copy. He told me he is hiding it in his bathroom closet under the towels so he can sell it someday to pay for his son's college education. I'll have a chat with him and see what I can do.....silly man.....
Poodledoc -- Silly man, indeed! $75 won't go far when it comes to college ...
Post a Comment