Saturday, June 20, 2009

Lounging Around --A Theatah Review

Last night was opening night for Broom Street Theater's new production, Lounging Around, an original play by Siobhan Edge. For you readers in foreign parts (i.e. not from Madison,) for the past 40+ years, BST has been delighting, shocking, offending, and entertaining theater-goers with original works. Lounging Around is a comedy woven around the conversations of a diverse group of travelers stuck in an airport lounge when their flight is delayed due to heavy fog.

My younger daughter -- the daughter formerly known as "Sparkly Seacow" -- made her Broom Street debut, with 3 roles in this play: an elderly woman (82 years old, Dearie!), a Valley Girl with a cell phone, and a bratty little girl. Thumbs up for all of them! I may be a little biased, but I think she did a fantastic job and I'm very proud of her.


Photos by N-dig0 (tb3), used with permission

Thumbs up for the entire production! The dialogue was witty, the action was fast-paced, and the acting was good.

If you live in the Madison area, make this stage mama happy and go see Lounging Around!

6 comments:

Ed said...

Ditto (even though our daughter was in it.) I've come to the conclusion over the years that if Siobhan has anything to do with a production, it's going to be worth seeing. Very, very funny!

tweetey30 said...

congrats on her debut.. My two are into swimming and gymnastics now. If I remember on Wednesday I will bring my camera to take a few shots.

Suzy said...

I'd love to see them!

QuakerDave said...

Of course the acting was good!!!

lisahgolden said...

That's so cool! I am thrilled that your daughter is pursuing the theater. And lucky her to be in such an interesting and creative production. I'm so bummed that we had to cancel our trip to Madison.

Suzy said...

I thought about telling you there was a dildo in it, hoping that would make you change your mind ... oh well.