Alright, alright ... Madison doesn't really have parking spaces reserved for octopi. It's the name of a business, silly. Octopus Carwash. Apparently it is a franchise, and I believe it's been in Madison at least as long as I have (46 years.) When our eldest daughter was a toddler, our route home from her day care took us past a number of landmarks: the giant octopus, the big black clock, the big green fish, the other giant octopus, the horses ... It was a highlight of her young life when her aunt actually took her to the car wash once. (No one has ever been able to accuse me of going to a car wash! And it shows ...) The big green fish is gone (along with the neon cockroach and dead rat sign -- landmarks from my childhood, so sad) but I am so glad that we still have the giant octopi and that we provide parking for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I take the car once a year to a car wash.. Well the family does and Kora screams all the while.. LOL. I have threatened her with leaving her window open just to soap her.
Suzy--
I hope you see this; can you send me your email address? I want to send you a quick note, but I don't seem to have it in either of my address books....
Mark
Post a Comment