
Well, I went to see the movie Happy Feet and I was going to write a long treatise about why I didn't like it at all, including the fact that the two female penguins had cleavage, for God's sake, and they made little orgasmic noises when they sang, plus it was presented as an environmental tale, but ended by giving the impression that it's all OK now because the humans have seen the error of their ways all because of the dancing blue-eyed Elijah Wood penguin who seems to have gotten stuck in adolescence but is still able to father children (and what's THAT a metaphor for?), and predatory animals like sea leopards and orcas were made to look mean and bad, and if I see one more animated feature with celebrities doing the voices I'm going to barf ... anyway I was going to write all of that, but I'll just say I didn't care for it much and leave you to formulate your own opinions about it.





4 comments:
Great review! Er, or not, or somethng. Almost exacxtly what I wouldn't have said about this movie if I wasn't going to comment on it. I also wouldn't have mentioned anything about how the adeles all had mexican accents, nor would I have mentioned how disturbing it was that all the senior emperor penguins were stupid and spoke with scottish accents while the young penguins were smarter, but misunderstood by the stupid older penguins. No, if I wasn't going to review this movie, I wouldn't have mentioned any of those things, or any of the points you so astutely didn't make. Or something.
Thanks to your review(s), I won't be seeing Happy Feet. After I saw Over the Hedge, which I confess I enjoyed, I realized that most of the "cinema" for kids is this animated, animals with various stars doing the voices. I mean Elija Wood was great as Frodo, but doing the voice for a penguin? Come on! Can't we get back to Lassie saving Timmy from the well, milk and cookies, is this asking too much?
Bark! The jail's on fire and the sheriff's tied up inside??? Let's go!
Good Late For Work Morning Suzy,
I love your photo. God, you have not changed physically since I met you in 1975 or so. If I airbrushed some braids onto that photo...
Excellent non-analysis. I'm kind of allergic to those movies anyway, just on esthetic grounds. But adding your non-deconstruction of the film added grist to my mill, or manure to my hay pile, or however you say that.
Post a Comment