Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I Want My Country Back


In the name of self preservation, I am neither watching nor listening to Bunnypants when he addresses the nation tonight. I cannot tolerate his smirking mug and his petulant whiny voice. I will be playing my guitar, or maybe playing pick-up sticks with my daughter. Besides, I already know what lies will spew forth. Not funny joke: How do you know when Dubya is lying? His lips are moving.

Up until Nov. 2, 2004 I found it amusing to seek out the quotes where he totally mangled the language, contradicted himself, or made pronouncements that were beyond absurd. After that election was stolen (and yes, I believe with all my heart that it was stolen -- not from John Kerry, but from us, you know -- we the people? The ones on the cover of Time magazine?) I could no longer stomach it. This man is the figurehead of the government that has stolen and desecrated our future: my children's future, your children's future. Christ, there are too many children who have no future because you can't have a future when you're, you know, dead.

But he's bringing Iraq the best democracy money can buy!

To any reader who feels inclined to leave a comment telling me that he is president and deserving of my respect, I say that he is NOT MY PRESIDENT. I want my country back.

2 comments:

Ed said...

A peeance, freeance, secure Iraq. I'm not gonna comment on that.

Suzy said...

See?