-15˚ F this morning and SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED! (Of course, I don't turn on any media in the morning and our district so rarely shuts down, so I was halfway to work before I realized that things were mighty quiet in Mudville. Luckily, it's only a 5 minute walk, and I actually LOVE this weather.) It's been a l-o-n-g time since we saw the -37˚ in this picture, but 11 years ago on my daughter's birth-day it was -27˚.
An entire day -- such a gift!





9 comments:
What?! Oh Lordy. That sounds horrible. I don't turn on the media in the morning either. In fact, I rarely turn on the media. We don't have a TV, and the reception in our valley is terrible.
I had a similar thing happen to me last week. It snowed about 1/3 of an inch, and all the schools closed down. I failed to cancel our field trip educators, so they were irritated when they got to the museum.
You must be an REI gal if you enjoyed the walk this morning.
I have my merino wool long undies from The Vermont Country Store, my bear of a coat (fake fur) from Vinnie's, and Steger moosehide mukluks -- the mukluks that went by dogsled to the North Pole. (I wonder if they saw Santa.)I laugh at the cold!
I'm glad that you are happy with this weather. I have become a "wimp" since I moved South and can't imagine those temperatures. I keep trying to not act my age but the cold is one thing that tells me for sure how old I am !!
Man, I don't know how you do it! The cold weather is like poison to me but if you like it, enjoy it while you got it. This has got to be one of the coldest Februaries. I'm convinced winter is just starting later now. Stay warm Suzy!
We got down to 11 today, but still had to go in to school.
Bummer. I could've used the day to grade papers...
It isn't cold enough for long underwear yet! I'm waiting for it to get 10 or 15 degrees colder before I break out the longjohns. This is how winter is supposed to be. I was beginning to fear we wouldn't get any real winter weather this year.
oooh i also LOVE grim weather, although we seldom experience anything too extreme around here. I'd much rather be too cold than too hot. Lovely to have a bonus day off!
hope you had a great day! gee, that is sure cold!
Thanks for the visit to my blog, and in response to your comment...AMEN!!!
Will take some time today to read yours and get to know you, I like your perspective.
Post a Comment