I'd like to think this is good riddance, but like Count Olaf in Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate EventsI am quite certain Karl Rove will rear his ugly head again.
I'll bet Romney is on the phone with him right now.....but hey, he wanted to spend some more time with his family. Right. I wonder if he's ever said anything that was true?
Have no fear, my pretties: he'll always be with us, lurking in the shadows, working in the darkness to further drag down our democracy. Remember: this is the guy who promised America a permanent GOP majority, meaning one party rule.
Fascists don't just "resign" to "be with their families"...
Proud to be a public school teacher for 26 years, I see teaching as a radical act. Practitioner of Neo-schoolmarmism. School Library Media Specialist. I am a convinced Quaker, born again agnostic, mother of 3 daughters, passionate about issues of peace and social justice. My mom was a "red diaper baby", my dad was a conscientious objector during WW2, and I grew up in the thick of anti-war protests in Madison, Wisconsin in the sixties. Not a Republican bone in my body and not many Democratic ones either.
8 comments:
Perfect literary allegory! I myself went for the wicked witch of the east, which was pretty trite.
Do you find it amusing that he announced one day after the Iowa straw poll?
I've put up a post to the effect that he'll be back. The only question is where.
I could only hope we've seen the last of him but I doubt it. I love the label you have on this post!! I'm right there with you!
Rove has never done anything without an ulterior motive so why should we think he will just fade away now? He is truly an evil man.
I'll bet Romney is on the phone with him right now.....but hey, he wanted to spend some more time with his family. Right. I wonder if he's ever said anything that was true?
Sometimes I wish he would continue in the footsteps of his mentor, Lee Atwater … but no, that's not Quakerly.
He won't disappear. In five years, they'll appoint him as head of the intelligence community.
Peace,
~Chani
Have no fear, my pretties: he'll always be with us, lurking in the shadows, working in the darkness to further drag down our democracy. Remember: this is the guy who promised America a permanent GOP majority, meaning one party rule.
Fascists don't just "resign" to "be with their families"...
Post a Comment