Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Cheesy Title for a Post


I've just gotten to the chapter in Animal, Vegetable, Miracle where Barbara Kingsolver explains how ridiculously easy it is to make cheese at home, and she references the book Home Cheese Making by Rikki Carroll. I went to our public library website to look it up, only to find that all 7 copies of the book are currently checked out and I had to go on a waiting list!

Glad to know that Barbara's book is making an impact …

9 comments:

poodledoc said...

Yes, I picked up the Home Cheese Making Book at the Evil Empire today. 50% off!!! bwahahahaha Of course, I had to dress up as my favorite cheese to get the discount............

Suzy said...

And just what IS your favorite cheese? I'd have you pegged for a creamy Liederkranz or perhaps a Weynsleydale.

poodledoc said...

Feta, actually. It was a challenging costume. Better than the woman who came as cottage cheese, though

Lucia said...

Hey, it's Wisconsin. That's what we do here....make cheese! (Honestly, it doesn't sound all that easy.)

Suzy said...

Hey, Lucia -- I was just thinking about you this morning. Glad you're still alive and kicking. Must be all that good Wisconsin cheese.

Anonymous said...

Suzy,
check out this guy's page.
http://biology.clc.uc.edu/fankhauser/Cheese/CHEESE.HTML
he's a professor!

I keep meaning to try to make cheese, but with the cost of milk so high....

If my neighbors (the dairy folk) didn't have such filthy cows and barn, i would probably buy from them.

Suzy said...

Thanks! I will.

Sorghum Crow said...

And Suzy (et al.) you must read "Blessed are the Cheesemakers". It's not a how-to book, but it is a good read.

Suzy said...

Sorghum Crow, for a person who doesn't live in Wisconsin, you know an awful lot about cheese. Are you some kind of a terrorist?