Saturday, August 18, 2007

This just in ...

... from my lovely daughter:

Famous people who got married on your birthday [which is coming up on 8/21]:

Dennis Kucinich and Elizabeth Harper - NOT A JOKE! It's on IMDB!
Walter Matthau and Carol Grace - Awwww, I love him!
Humphrey Bogart and Mayo Methot
Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo

Anna may not know the origin of the word "nadgers" or even what it means, but she knows everything there is to know in the media world.

Thanks, honey. I love you!

5 comments:

poodledoc said...

Sending her off to college without knowing the word "nadger"? Shocking!

Suzy said...

Ed looked the word up in an online dictionary of playground slang. It is derived from the word gonads. And not surprisingly, the definition referenced Mr. Terry Pratchett. So we now know where he learned the word. It wasn't Shakespeare or Lady Chatterly. Too bad for the claymation idea!

poodledoc said...

Well, Terry Pratchett books are IDEAL for claymation, don't you think? I was thinking Nicole Kidman could do Angua's voice. Whaddya think?

Suzy said...

Curses on you PoodleDoc for invoking that saucy wench yet again!

Carol Maltby said...

I first heard the word in England in the early seventies, in the context of "sheep-nadgering." As in "embraceable ewe." ;)

It may be a portmanteau word, from rogering and badgering and 'nads.