Saturday, March 01, 2008
A New Musical Obsession: The Be Good Tanyas
I happened to be in our local independent feminist bookstore a couple of weeks ago when they were playing an album by The Be Good Tanyas. I immediately looked up all three of their albums at the library (I always like to listen before I buy) and I am hooked. I think it's the lead singer's voice; it gives me chills. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
A nice New Bohemians vibe there. Thanks for sharing.
If you like the Be Good Tanyas I think you would also like the Wailing Jennys.
Josie, that's funny. I actually saw the Wailing Jennys a couple of years ago, and they are similar. I think the Jennys are a little less bluesy than the Tanyas. There seem to be a lot of all female bands coming out of Canada these days.
On a different note, we saw your pup at the bark park yesterday.
Post a Comment