Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Favorite Photo

'Tis the man who with a bird, Wren or Eagle, finds his way to All its instincts..." - John Keats

This is my bro. Paul, and a feathered friend of his. He worked at a nature center, and this eagle was pretty cantankerous, but for some reason was sweet on him (probably 'cause he's a sweet guy.) I love this picture.

8 comments:

Pam said...

What an incredible picture. These magnificent birds are beginning to make a comeback here in Vermont and it's a welcome sight. I have had the pleasure of watching a parent eagle teaching its young to fish on the Connecticut River.

Suzy said...

We have an eagle sanctuary here in southern Wisconsin, and they're so beautiful to see.

Suzie Ridler said...

Absolutely amazing! Oh I love eagles. Apparently there are many around here just not where I live. Gotta get a car so we can go see them. Stunning photo Suzy, thank you for sharing that and the story.

Cinderbelle said...

I thought it was a redtailed hawk that was sweet on him...or maybe they both were.

Jan said...

Great picture!

Ed said...

I wonder what bald eagle tastes like?

tweetey30 said...

That is an awsome photo. Not to often you see a human holding an eagle like that.

Suzy said...

Ed ... a lot like ivory billed woodpecker.