
Chances are, you've already seen this. The G8 pigs are at the trough, while much of the rest of the world starves. Why do we allow this?
It reminds me of the book I am currently reading, Human Smoke: The Beginnings of World War II, the End of Civilization. The hubris, the thirst for war, and the absolute cruelty of the world's leaders at that time (and I'm not just talking about Hitler; Churchill and Roosevelt were equally inhuman in their own ways) was shocking. Nothing has changed, the thirst for power and profit rules the planet.





15 comments:
The quote "Let them eat cake" is historically inaccurate. What she really said was "Let them eat grilled bighand thornyhead fish with pepper sauce."
All joking aside, they must have known that the menu would become public knowledge and that people would be outraged. Clearly, they just don't care.
Yes, the "Good War" was about more than "somebody had to stop Hitler"......
The book sounds interesting but would probably just piss me off....
Disgusting. They should be ashamed at how they've become accustomed to this kind of fare while they discuss poverty.
Let them eat lentil soup!
Shame? That'll be the day.
And that's the problem.
These folks might do well to remember what happened to the last bunch that followed that "let them eat cake" idea...
Oy gevalt - a pure schande.
Disgraceful really.
That menu is beyond disgraceful, although I do want to know what the G8 Fantasy Desert is: I suspect a handful of child slaves pop out of a cake for the leaders of the Western World. Anybody got a fiddle and some fire starter?
Diva, that was brilliant.
Mmmmmmmm cake.
G8 Fantasy Cake -- a naked Condi jumps out.
Disgusting.
To tell you the truth, I would much rather eat rice and beans than some of this stuff. Grilled eel? Beetroot foam? Hairy crab soup? Is the crab hairy, or did they add the hair to the soup in the kitchen?
If I get my son to dig up lily bulbs and burdock root in my backyard, can I serve it to heads of state?
Sminthia, I agree.
What I also wonder is this: According to The Straight Dope, the Commander in Thief always travels with his own personal chef, who prepares his food separately from everyone else's. How does that work at state dinners? Did the White House chef have to learn how to make hairy crab soup in preparation for this meal?
Probably the White House chef only had to learn how to make a Big Mac look like Hairy Crab Soup. Maybe not so easy.
By the way, I noticed there were no pretzels on the menu...
More's the pity. Too bad they couldn't have given the lot of them ill-prepared puffer fish.
Post a Comment