Thursday, January 29, 2009

HOORAY!

Today in the mail I received verification that my application for a school librarian's license has been approved. It took 7 years, but here I am. Now I just need a job ...

Here is a great essay, entitled "Why You Should Fall To Your Knees and Worship a Librarian." Oh, and SHHH!

11 comments:

QuakerDave said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Dave Schipper said...

Way to go kid.

Dave

lisahgolden said...

Excellent! Congratulations!

(You know, MathMan's mother was a teacher librarian. I assume she was licensed.)

Jan said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

poodledoc said...

Time for a party! Great to see you tonight and hear the news straight from you! Getting a job will be the easy part!

Anonymous said...

Get a job already you lazy America and work hating academic. :)

Sorghum Crow said...

WOOOOOHAAAAA. A licensed librarian, nice job.

tweetey30 said...

Congrats Suzy.. I know from reading that you have waited a while to get this. Now lets just hope you can get a job sooner than later.. Have a great weekend with this news..

Unknown said...

Yes my mother did the same as you. She started in Elementary Ed and then finished a Librarian. One day her friend, also a school librian and a nun, brought a home book that she had culled from the Catholic school library Harlots, Hookers and Whores. No lie, the book was still at mom's house when had to sell it.

Suzy said...

That's cool, Math Man. I love librarians and I'm pretty excited to be joining their ranks.

Fran said...

Whoooooooo hooooooooooooooooo! What great news!