11 years ago today, -27ºF (-33ºC.) And this blogger-to-be, in labor, wants me to go for a walk around the block with her. Right now it's -2ºF (-19ºC.) Downright tropical! Happy birthday!
Ed was a mensch, as was Fay who walked around the block again at around 7 a.m. And the heroes of the day -- midwives Cindy and especially my sister Meg, who delivered Grace safely, unwrapping the cord that was wrapped TWICE around her neck and breathing life into her. A lot of drama for an early morning!
oh you will blink and she will be a teenager - that is what happened when my daughters turned 11 - next day they were 15, then 17... where does time go? thanks for stopping by my blog - :) off to read your articles about the lady called Molly. I have never heard of her but being in Australia, I guess that is normal :)
Oh my gawd. Grace is eleven? I thought she might just be turning four. I've often thought that birthdays should celebrate the mom. She is just beautiful. I liked hearing Ed's story.
Also, how great to highlight Molly. I'm off to read her suggestions, although I'm more like I hybrid Miss Manners and Martha Steward rabble rouser.
Miss*r -- I know, believe me. My oldest daughter is 17! Are you familiar with a song called "Turn Around"? I clearly remember singing that song to my infant daughter who is now 6 weeks away from voting age(!) and crying, but I STILL didn't understand then how fast it would go. I remember both my girls' babyhoods as if it was only yesterday. (It WAS only yesterday!) Sigh.
Thank you for visiting my blog and I hope you'll be back. I hope, in reading about Molly, that you'll get some sense of what she meant to liberal minded people here in the US. Her topics (like Texas politics) will probably not mean a whole lot to people outside the US, except maybe the spirit of them.
Ginnie & Janet: Thank you! She was a darling baby, and she is in fact a darling 11 year old. She loves to act. Last fall she was a deranged hermit in The Prince and the Pauper -- over the top! This spring she is a sweet old grandmother in The Red Shoes. She's a character!
Caroline: I have a picture of you with both sweet daughters, at Monty's Blue Plate Diner about 7 or 8 years ago. Hopefully we'll be doing that again soon!
Proud to be a public school teacher for 26 years, I see teaching as a radical act. Practitioner of Neo-schoolmarmism. School Library Media Specialist. I am a convinced Quaker, born again agnostic, mother of 3 daughters, passionate about issues of peace and social justice. My mom was a "red diaper baby", my dad was a conscientious objector during WW2, and I grew up in the thick of anti-war protests in Madison, Wisconsin in the sixties. Not a Republican bone in my body and not many Democratic ones either.
9 comments:
11 years ago today, -27ºF (-33ºC.) And this blogger-to-be, in labor, wants me to go for a walk around the block with her. Right now it's -2ºF (-19ºC.) Downright tropical! Happy birthday!
Happy Birthday, Grace!
By the way, I forgot to mention that walk was at 5:00 a.m.
Ed was a mensch, as was Fay who walked around the block again at around 7 a.m. And the heroes of the day -- midwives Cindy and especially my sister Meg, who delivered Grace safely, unwrapping the cord that was wrapped TWICE around her neck and breathing life into her. A lot of drama for an early morning!
She's darling, Suzy.
oh you will blink and she will be a teenager - that is what happened when my daughters turned 11 - next day they were 15, then 17... where does time go?
thanks for stopping by my blog - :)
off to read your articles about the lady called Molly. I have never heard of her but being in Australia, I guess that is normal :)
What adorable photos! Happy Birthday to your little one....oops! I guess eleven isn't all that little, is it!
Oh my gawd. Grace is eleven? I thought she might just be turning four. I've often thought that birthdays should celebrate the mom. She is just beautiful. I liked hearing Ed's story.
Also, how great to highlight Molly. I'm off to read her suggestions, although I'm more like I hybrid Miss Manners and Martha Steward rabble rouser.
Miss*r -- I know, believe me. My oldest daughter is 17! Are you familiar with a song called "Turn Around"? I clearly remember singing that song to my infant daughter who is now 6 weeks away from voting age(!) and crying, but I STILL didn't understand then how fast it would go. I remember both my girls' babyhoods as if it was only yesterday. (It WAS only yesterday!) Sigh.
Thank you for visiting my blog and I hope you'll be back. I hope, in reading about Molly, that you'll get some sense of what she meant to liberal minded people here in the US. Her topics (like Texas politics) will probably not mean a whole lot to people outside the US, except maybe the spirit of them.
Ginnie & Janet: Thank you! She was a darling baby, and she is in fact a darling 11 year old. She loves to act. Last fall she was a deranged hermit in The Prince and the Pauper -- over the top! This spring she is a sweet old grandmother in The Red Shoes. She's a character!
Caroline: I have a picture of you with both sweet daughters, at Monty's Blue Plate Diner about 7 or 8 years ago. Hopefully we'll be doing that again soon!
Raise Hell, everyone!
Post a Comment