On Friday most of the House Democrats betrayed their constituents and treacherously voted to continue funding Bush's war on Iraq. (And Iran, you know it's already happening.Here are the true representatives of U.S. voters. If you feel so inclined, a thank you to each one would probably be welcome. And if your representative is not among them, contact them and voice your displeasure.
Congressman Dennis Kucinich voted NO. Standing firm with him on this NO vote were 13 Democrats: John Barrow [GA], Dan Boren [OK], Lincoln Davis [TN], Barbara Lee [CA], John Lewis [GA], Jim Marshall [GA], Jim Matheson [UT], Michael McNulty [NY], Michael Michaud [ME], Gene Taylor [MS], Maxine Waters [CA], Diane Watson [CA], and Lynn Woolsey [CA]. (from the Kucinich 2008 website)
War is over if you want it. Clearly, most of the members of the House value something else over the lives of the troops and the countless Iraqis who will continue to be killed in droves because of their vote on Friday.





4 comments:
Tammy has nothing to fear, politically. All of this twisting and turning to justify her vote is irrelevant because Bush is going to veto the thing anyway. She should have sided with the valiant 14 (that's an historical Quaker allusion). I am angry at her cowardice.
Okay, so I won't go back to being a registered Independent.
Just yet.
Au contraire, QD, I think you should rescind your membership in the Democratic party. The leadership assumes they have us liberals by the short and curlies (to put it crudely and colorfully) and owe us nothing. I think it's important to let them know that they don't.
Those 14 Representatives are an anomaly, sadly enough.
Thank you for this. Quaker Dave sent me, and I'm adding you to my blogroll. Cheers.
Post a Comment