Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Petroglyph


Pardon me for posting yet another picture of my children. March is a very nostalgic month for me, I guess. This photograph makes me laugh. The look on the face of my younger daughter, as well as her body language, is priceless.

And then there's the petroglyph. (You can click on it to -- er, um -- enlarge it.) Look closely. Look again. Yup, your eyes aren't deceiving you. This was at Dinosaur National Monument in western Colorado, an amazingly cool place. Besides a great wall of dinosaur bones there were ancient rock paintings of things that looked an awful lot like spaceships. And aliens. And then our friend here. (My kids would say that pictures like this are the reason they are warped.)[I disagree. I think it's the ones with underwear on their heads.]

It also reminds me of a very sweet period of time when my girls were little: before the bickering started in earnest [I think this is the trip where it actually started, when the younger one snapped the older one's Walkman headphone as if it was a wishbone ...], the serious diaper-butt, when they wanted to wear the shorts I made for them, when they liked having those short haircuts, when my youngest was in her [extended] red shoe phase ... (ironically, she is now acting in a musical production of the Hans Christian Anderson story The Red Shoes.) I loved having small children, as hard as it sometimes was.

3 comments:

poodledoc said...

Hey, Suzy, no reason to pardon yourself for showing pictures of your kids. They're great!

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzy,
That's a wonderful photo. I didn't know that you made shorts for your kids. You are so handy, and your kids are just beautiful. I like seeing your family photos.

Ed said...

I miss those days. Sigh.