Friday, March 30, 2007

Emma's Revolution

I had the pleasure of hearing one of my favorite musical acts, Emma's Revolution, at a house concert last night. In addition to being great songwriters and musicians, this duo -- Pat Humphries and Sandy O. -- are unflinching champions of peace and social justice. Plus, they are just genuinely nice people. (They won my heart forever when, the morning after I first saw them in concert we saw them shopping in our local food co-op, and they recognized my young daughter from the night before and made a point of coming over to say hi to her. That kind of caring makes a big impression on me.)

On what must be a grueling schedule, they criss-cross the country doing concerts coast to coast. They are at every big peace demonstration in D.C. as well as going to the School of the Americas demonstration each year. I highly recommend them if they come to a venue near you.

They have a new album called Roots, Rock and Revolution. I'm partial to one from a few years back called One x 1,000,000 = Change. Check them out here.

1 comment:

thailandchani said...

That's something new! I am not familiar with them but I'll keep a watch out. P)

Peace,

~Ch