Greg Brown sings his song, "I Want My Country Back", Falcon Ridge Folk Festival, 2003.
You know how you want something so badly sometimes, that your desire is visceral? No, I'm not talking about Greg Brown. I'm talking about wanting to wake up from this 6 1/2 year nightmare. Wanting the Bush administration's reign of terror to come to an end and being able to focus on the things that matter like climate change, education, poverty ... not this insane (and highly profitable) game of chicken with Iran, with North Korea, with Osama Bin Laden, with our's and our children's lives and future as pawns.
I want my country back!





2 comments:
I am for that! I want reason, peace, harmony, social justice.
That's not asking too much, is it?
I'm willing to do the work.
Oops- lost in my reverie of the good world we will indeed create, I never said thank you Suzy and Quaker Dave!
Post a Comment