This afternoon, after finishing work, but before making myself available as mosquito fodder (see previous post) I had a meeting with the middle school library media specialist with whom I'll be doing some required student teaching this semester. I still don't know how the timing is going to work out -- I am teaching full time -- but I left feeling really excited about working with her. And the other cool thing? I'll be working at my daughter's middle school.
After this I will be 140 hours of student teaching (in an elementary school library) away from my certification!
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
I was lucky enough to be at my school while both my boys were there. it's a little weird, but not too much.
And I got to be the one to read each of their names at their graduations. THAT was cool.
Got a book for that middle school library (review coming at my blog):
http://www.quakerbooks.org/quaking.php
Good stuff. And slightly subversive.
woot QD I've got their catalog right chere. Better get that one for the mini BG's too. It's never too early.
And as soon as I read, Suzy, that you were gonna be at your daughter's school I thought oh man she'd better talk to quakerdave. My advice? Don't ever make eye contact with your child or any of her friends unless she speaks to you first. But you knew that.
yay mommy! Good for you. I'm very happy for you.
I've actually been at both my kids' elementary schools at different times, and I think they liked it. (Cinderbelle, do you want to weigh in with an opinion? Sparkly Sea Cow?)
Well, I'd say being at their school is better than having to microchip them....
Lawd, lady, how do you manage to do all of these things? Do you ever sleep?
I'm glad you're doing well Suzy....
You guys are all so sweet. Do I ever sleep? Yeah. The bigger question is, how the hell am I going to pay for it? Oh, it'll work out.
Quaker Dave -- I looked at this book at the FGC book store. You know what's cool about this librarian I m working with? She said I can get credited for the hours I spend reading and reviewing books for her library! So I'm going to run this one by her.
This sounds great- I think it is pretty cool that you will be at your daughter's school. And with your good sense and Quaker Dave to lean on for advice, all will be well.
Work that means something- beautiful.
Post a Comment