That's an aerial view of Camp Woodbrooke, the truly wonderful summer camp that my daughters have attended, and whose board of directors I am on. Over the last two years we have been raising the money to buy this gorgeous piece of property in the driftless region of Wisconsin, after the founders of the camp retired. Today we closed on the purchase. Woo hoo!We are not out of the woods yet (pun very much intended) what with needing to recruit campers and raise money for looming building projects, along with a few other things (understatement.)
Wish us luck. Send campers our way. Include us in your will.





5 comments:
I still can't believe they won't let us use the counselors retreat. Or the garden. It's so weird. I mean, I thought that they would WANT the camp to succeed.
There are complications with using property that isn't ours, including insurance and liability. It will be fine, in the long run, and maybe better.
But, are they able to afford salt shakers? LOL
And is it available for Quaker High School and Middle School retreats in the "off season"? More involvement with the facility and site, perhaps additional income? Perhaps.....and we can only hope, they will serve chili dogs.....
Way to go. I loved going to the various camps when I was a kid, even if I did have to suffer throuhg church services every night at one certain church camp I went to.
PoodleDoc, that reminds me of a joke:
Diner: Do you serve crabs her? (chili dogs, fill in the blank ...)
Waiter: We serve anyone. Sit right down!
Guffaw.
Dr. MVM, I never went to camp. Maybe that's why I'm so into this one. I'm hoping to go be a cook for a week next summer. I just love the community.
Post a Comment