Sparkly Sea Cow (that's my younger daughter) and I went on a 5K walk to raise money for a local adult literacy group. She left me in the dust -- I think she was enjoying some independence. (Enjoying? More like rubbing it in my face!) I didn't mind. I walked with a young woman who had been a student at the school at which I teach, and is now a teacher herself. It was a lovely walk along the lake, a festive event, and I got a cool pumpkin-colored, long-sleeved t-shirt to wear. A good time was had, hopefully by all.
Sunday, October 07, 2007
What did you do today?
Sparkly Sea Cow (that's my younger daughter) and I went on a 5K walk to raise money for a local adult literacy group. She left me in the dust -- I think she was enjoying some independence. (Enjoying? More like rubbing it in my face!) I didn't mind. I walked with a young woman who had been a student at the school at which I teach, and is now a teacher herself. It was a lovely walk along the lake, a festive event, and I got a cool pumpkin-colored, long-sleeved t-shirt to wear. A good time was had, hopefully by all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
What did I do today? I played some guitar, did a little recording, unclogged the bathtub drain, rode my bike to the Y, swam, took sauna (according to my finnish grandparents, one "takes sauna" rather than "taking a sauna") and biked home. Oh, yes - I also watched the Packers snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Of course, none of the above raised any money for a cause, good or otherwise.
Yeah, but it's nice that the bathtub drains. And SOMEBODY stole the scum from the toilet ... that was my science experiment, you know! 15 years of work, flushed away!
Good for you! (and your daughter) I am trying to organize volunteers to walk for the CROP Walk at my church, where it's never been done before. That's on Nov. 11, so I'll have to start "organizing" soon.
I'd love to comment but since I can't read I won't.
Dr. Monkey ... so we dedicated our walk to YOU. Good luck. I recommend the "Bob" books.
Jan ... Good luck with your organizing. In past years we have done the CROP walk too.
I WONDERED where all those people were going! Thanks a lot for doing that!
Post a Comment