Wednesday, October 17, 2007

March of the Librarians

Every day this week I am marching off to be a student teacher in a middle school library. It's interesting and I love the librarian who is mentoring me. The pace is so different from my classroom, and I'm finding it exhausting. I miss my students a ton. They are in capable hands, but stuff still happens. One of my sweeties got sick and was hospitalized yesterday! And I'm not there ...

Middle schoolers are pretty sweet though, too. A lot of the kids were at my school for elementary school and they know my daughter too, so I'm getting lots of nice, "Hi Ms. G"s. Two more days and things will be back to normal.

5 comments:

poodledoc said...

I'm really happy for you! Sounds like a rich week.....

Sorghum Crow said...

What a great video! And it sounds like you're doing well.

Jan said...

Did you get to go to this Seattle event? I love Seattle and that's where I did my student teaching when you were a teenager! It was a pleasant video. My daughter who goes to the UW went to hear Anna Quindlen speak at the new library.

Anonymous said...

Middle schoolers can be pretty sweet, it's true. Why I love 'em.

WHERE did this video come from?

Suzy said...

QD - I found it referenced in an article about up and coming librarians. I can email it to you.

Jan - I have never been to an ALA conference, and to tell the truth ... after seeing this video, I don't know if I DO want to go! Just kidding. I know I'll go someday. But I WON'T take a suitcase on wheels. (If I do, please, somebody, do an intervention.)

Chuck - ••¶¨∆ÔÓ¨·¨ÁˇÁÁÏÏ˝◊ÏÔÓ!!!!